Friday, August 15, 2008

New Flowers

These are from J's P-Patch. She's good at nurturing and growing things. She'll be such a great mom.

Hiking and Flowers 004

We're trying not to stress out about our Home Study on Monday, yet we've set aside Sunday to do a thorough house cleaning. Some folks on adoption blogs have said not to worry about it too much- that we'll just talk to our social worker about the biographical information and parenting plan that we put together. They did recommend to make sure we have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and working smoke detectors. J tells me we already have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. And that our smoke detectors are hard wired. I guess we are covered- and I'm glad she takes care of us. Its good timing that our townhouse has recently been painted and is looking good on the outside. I'll take B for a run in the morning before our visit so hopefully she'll be a little tired out and (relatively) mellow. Wish us luck!

Lonnie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for starting this blog to share your journey with us. Are the previous entries samples of the kinds of questions asked during the process?

    I look forward to following along. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck guys! Hope it goes well today ... tiring the doggie out is a good idea.:) hugs, Susan & Wen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bailey,

    You guys are going to make the best family ever! My mom and dad and I can hardly wait to meet your new baby. You'll be a great sister and if you need some advice, I am available. I know how these humans work - I've got two big sisters of my own!
    love and licks,
    Lexie

    ReplyDelete

Blogs We Read