Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I made a new friend on Monday

Mom and Dad made it through a long visit with a stranger at our house on Monday. I made a new friend. Woofph.

Dad and I ran around Green Lake in the morning. We would have made it a lot faster if he could have kept up with me instead of making me have to pull him with my leash. He thought running would mellow me out, but I think it was more important to mellow him out.

The social worker showed up at 9 AM and was at our place for 4 hours!

First, Mom and Dad walked her around the upstairs of the house and had me locked downstairs. I got to say "Hi" to her while they toured the downstairs, but got in trouble a little for jumping up on her with my greeting. Good thing she is a dog person.

Mom and Dad and the social worker talked for a long time and I got to listen in on most of it. I had to try to contain my excitement of having someone new in the house. I wandered around a little, but eventually relaxed and took a little nap at the feet of the social worker. I thought that it might help our cause if I turned up my cuteness--not like I don't have that turned up all the time.

The lady was nice and put Mom and Dad at ease by asking them to think of her as their advocate. She did ask some tough personal questions, but she explained that her goal is to represent us in the best way in the home study document that she'll now put together for us.

Now on to helping Mom and Dad with a bunch more paperwork. Hope I can earn some doggie treats with all my hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Paula Purcell sent me your blog. Here is a link to ours. We picked up our daughter May 5th.


    http://johnpamelablock.blogspot.com/

    John Block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing that leg of the homestudy! We were soooo worried our pets would act up when the SW came, but fortunately she was a pet person, too.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs We Read