Juliet and I went to see the Lucy at the Pacific Science Center with some friends on Sunday. I thought it was really cool. I’ve since read some criticisms that the exhibit focuses a lot more on Ethiopian culture than the fossils. This is OK with me of course. I found it a bit surreal to see labels on many artifacts saying that they were on loan from museums in Addis Ababa. We’ll be there in a couple of months! The exhibit has drawn less people then anticipated in Seattle. This article talks a little about that. Interesting that of the $2.25 million that PSC spent on the exhibit, $500,000 goes to Ethiopia for cultural and scientific programs. Sad that some of the museums that were to come later in the tour are dropping out because of the cost. If you’re near Seattle, you’ve only got a couple days left! Go see it.
Baby M.
-
After I found out about Z's death, I went into research mode. Many things
happened, and the long and the short of it is that our family now has
connections...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment