Sunday, May 3, 2009

20 Days

20 Days ‘til we leave for Ethiopia!

Some things that have been happening: 

I marked myself as out of office for 9 weeks.  That was fun, but I have a lot I need to accomplish before we takeoff on the 23rd. 

We bought our plane tickets.  Our itinerary includes a short adventure out of Addis Ababa to see Bahir Dar/Lake Tana, and Lalibela. 

We finally finished putting floor trim in D’s room.  It’s looking pretty good. 

We bought 250 diapers and a bunch of wipes at Costco. 

We saw a neat exhibit about coffee at the Burke Museum and felt pride for Ethiopia. 

I finished reading Held at a Distance.  It was good.  I liked reading about some of the places we’ll get to see and learning some history and perspective. 

We’ve been enjoying having some baby things around the house. 

We got 40 toothbrushes from our dentist to take as donations (and no cavities for either of us :)) 

Juliet’s been volunteering a bunch.  She’s taking care of some her commitments early so she won’t have as many later. 

We (well mostly J) have been getting the P- Patch back into shape. 

We’ve been having a great time sharing pictures and receiving congrats from friends and family.

Some things that are coming up: 

Two baby showers!  We get one for work folks and one for other friends.  How lucky we are. 

A Mom’s day with very special new meaning. 

Another baseball game.

An infant and child CPR and safety class. 

Lots of work too, but the excitement is building! 

002 007

6 comments:

  1. lots to do isnt there:) best of luck!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to decide whether to take a side trip myself. It's between going up north, or going south to see some of the interesting tribes, like the lip-plate tribe. Let me know whether you thought it was worth the time. I'm torn between learning the culture, and spending a few extra days with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just a wee bit after mom's day with a special new meaning is a dad's day with a special new meaning. :-)
    I can't wait to see pics of you 3 all together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle when you mentioned 250 diapers. I think you will be amazed at how soon you will be back at Costco buying more!

    what a wonderful excitement I hear in you and Juliet's words. Baby things around the house must feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know where you are staying yet? I'd be interested to get your perspective, we're trying to figure some things like this out ahead of time. (Of course, the big question for us is wheelchair accessibility, but that's another hurdle)

    We're excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Blogs We Read