Monday, January 12, 2009

It's A Boy!

Wow...

Our WACAP referral (phone call) came today! He is a darling little boy and I am absolutely in love (vitals below). I think I might succumb to creating a life-size cardboard cut out of our referral photo, I am so desperate to hold him. Sorry, I know that's weird. I have been staring at this one picture and wishing it might turn into a video--that he might blink, turn his head, or uncurl his toes.

This is truly a pleasant surprise because we expected to wait a minimum of two more months until this day would come. Our adoption coordinator did drop some hints about a referral coming our way, so it wasn't a complete surprise, but I'll say that we were planning for the long wait.

We haven't purchased the crib, yet. The estimator for the new carpet just came this morning. We have embarked on a in-wall wiring project for the TV (so far there are five large holes in the drywall and fancy cables riding around in a delayed UPS truck, somewhere... out there). There are piles of books and C-R-A-P littering the tables and floors of every room in the townhouse. Can you tell I'm feeling really overwhelmed?

Sex: Male
Birth City: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Born: November 9, 2008
Mother: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Age: 10 weeks
Weight: 3.4 kg (at 5 1/2 weeks)
Height: 45 cm (at 5 1/2 weeks)
Orphanage: WACAP House

We can share photos on the internet after the adoption is finalized. Once we accept the referral we can schedule a court date--at that time we can start planning our travel. The Ethiopian court process takes about six to 15 weeks. Our in-country stay will be approximately one week.

I can't wait to see our son and Africa.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for both of you! (All THREE of you). What a great thing, you guys must be climbing the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! Congrats on being one step closer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic amazing earth-shattering wonderful news! Congratulations!

    As frustrating as holes in drywall may be the benefit of not having those cords all about once your little man arrives will make it all worth it!

    I have been hinting and suggesting to my husband to maybe go ahead and take the time to wire the surround sound through the wall...please, por fa, just a wee bit...

    CONGRATULATIONS, again! I can't wait to hear and see more of your ever expanding family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - and go ahead and create the life size photo, I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I love the idea of a cardboard cut out for the referral pic.
    He sounds adorable. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big Congrats to you all! Such wonderful news! I bet he is precious.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow! This is AWESOME news. I haven't checked in with you guys in forever, so I was so happy to see this fabulous news. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pictures, pictures as soon as you are able. The three of you are very lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWWWWW!!! I had NO idea! OMG...how EXCITING! There's baby boys popping up all over the place around me! LOL! I'm LOVING it! Jules...MAKE THE CARDBOARD CUT-OUT! I would! LOL! Awwwww...I try to get over and see Warren (Ad's kiddo) about once a week AT LEAST! I'm loving holding a baby again. And a boy is so different for me, seeing as I have a girl. LOL! Congrats you guys...I can't WAIT to see the pics, and I know Olivia will be excited too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogs We Read