Christmas Eve marks two months that we’ve officially been waiting.
We didn’t talk about it much today, but I think both of us are anxious to start making some changes to our house so this (adoption) will hopefully feel more real. We’ve been told to expect 4-10 months wait for a referral.
Aside from reading blogs about adoption, I’ve felt kind of distanced from the process. By the way, I really appreciate all of you great bloggers out there. I love reading about how things are going for you. I check in on those of you who are waiting like we are all the way through those of you who are veterans and sharing stories of your little ones in your lives.
We want to start making a baby’s room in the new year. We want to do some things to the house at the same time.
J was looking at strollers and high chairs and cribs on line the other night. That felt good. We talked about getting a baby present to have under the tree- though the store we wanted to go to was closed. We’ll still do this – but take advantage of after Christmas sales :) That feels good too.
And I know I’ve probably said something like this too many times, but I can’t help but hope that next Christmas is much different and we’ve got one more in our house. Won’t that be cool?
I can't wait to see the pictures and read the entries when you finally come home with that baby, whoever he or she is; all the waiting will be worth it. Next Christmas things will be so much different, I was amazed at how completely having kids around changed my way of looking at just about everything.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, Merry Christmas! I hope you're staying warm, our cold weather broke and it was in the mid 60s today :-)
Hey you guys...I know you've done TONS of research, and maybe you already know about this, but here's the info. anyway...
ReplyDeleteA GREAT book that helped us choose our "equipment" (stroller, high chair, etc.) was "Baby Bargains". EXCELLENT reviews by real-life parents about stuff that's worth buying and stuff that's not,and also what's safe. I think there's also a website (probably baby bargains.com or something). I don't remember who the authors are, but they publish one every year. It was our bible when we registered and also when we did our shopping.