Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dossier Progress

We are making progress. J has ordered certified copies of our birth and marriage certificates. We visited the police station downtown on Friday to get police clearance reports. I've been hassling people about reference letters. We have several documents (POAs, financial, etc.) ready to be signed and notarized which I'm hoping we can accomplish tomorrow. I've taken some of the pictures we need. We'll still have to have each of the notarized documents verified before we can call it done, but ....we are making progress. We've also sent another chunk of money and a few more signed agreements to the agency.

MPj04224110000[1]

4 comments:

  1. So, what else must you do to a document after it is "notarized" to make it "verified"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I asked the same about the obvious redundancy. You have to make sure the notary's seal is legit by sending notarized documents into the state agency to verify the notary's registration as a public notary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Congrats on your progress. It feels so good to get that paperwork under your belt...just go step by step and it will be done before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog through this labrynthine bloggishness - it's fun to connect with people going through a similar experience. My husband and I are also adopting from Ethiopia.

    Sounds like you're making lots of headway with your dossier!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Blogs We Read