Is patience a virtue when you don't have a choice about it? Sigh.We are still working to ready baby boy's bedroom. Here's a snap of the worktable I gave away to my office today. I am usually unsentimental about stuff (things), but I was about this table for some reason. It's not even fluffy, soft, or older than dirt. It's just an Ikea table. Yet it has this great patina of paint and glue on the top from my Unfinished Craft Projects. It has drips of Barack Berry paint. Well I'm happy at least it will still get used for design work--model making--at the office.
So baby boy's room is finally empty of furniture. Ready to be baby-fied.
We made a shopping list for Ikea--a modest list. We may get out of there spending less than our last $700. Ouch. But admittedly we need everything. Plus a few items to make our new home office work.
It's been a tough couple of weeks for us since getting our Ethiopian court date assigned at the end of January. I think we were stunned, actually: April 21st. That was almost twelve (12) weeks away. We had different expectations, sooner expectations. If our court case is approved, add 4-6 weeks before we travel. I'm just a little sad. But I also realize this means there are many other families ahead of us... many other warm, happy homes also waiting for little ones to come home.
Waiting is really hard.
Juliet,
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you, with a court date of April 21st. I was very sad too, but on the bright side I'm finding the time is going quickly and I have more time to really be prepared. (I've been to Ikea twice already!)Have fun shopping for your baby boy!
Jenny
Waiting is really hard! You are so close even though right now it seems so far away.
ReplyDeleteWaiting sucks, doesn't it. And there's nothing really to make it any better. Hugs...
ReplyDeleteI'm staking every claim to virtue I can get, even if my patience is not of my own choosing.
ReplyDeleteYay for court dates even if they aren't as soon as we'd like.
yay, a fellow WACAPer! I'm glad you found me, I'll be following your blog too. How exciting that your little boy will be here so soon.
ReplyDeleteI know it seems far away - but believe me I'd kill for a concrete date of some sort.
I hate waiting, too.